1. Tata Motors
Established in the year 1945, Tata Motors is Asia's largest and world's 17th largest automobile manufacturing company. Headquartered in Mumbai, they have their state of the art manufacturing units and assembly units spread across in 6 locations in India and 4 countries worldwide. With 70 years of experience, they manufacture cars, vans, trucks, buses, coaches, construction equipments and military trucks and other vehicles. They are the leaders in almost every vehicle segment in domestic market. They have international presence in UK, Thailand, South Africa, Indonesia, South Korea etc through their subsidiaries, associate companies and acquired automobile brands.
Type - Public | Founded - 1945 | Employees -60,000 (approx) | Head office - Mumbai | Establishment - 1945 | Website - www.tatamotors.com
2. Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
M&M was founded in pre-independence era in the year 1945 at Ludhiana, Punjab. They are the world's largest tractor manufacturer and India's second largest vehicle manufacturer. They are India's top UV manufacturer with a variety of cars in this segment. Their other products are commercial vehicles, Trucks, Tempo, Pickups, Bus, Two wheelers, Military vehicles, tractors and other farm equipments. They have annual turnover of more than 40 billion and have its presence in almost every part of India, both villages and cities. Apart from domestic market, they have tied up with many international companies and sell their products in many countries worldwide.
Type - Public | Founded - 1945 | Employees - 34,612 | Head office - Mumbai | Establishment 1945 | Website - www.mahindra.com
3. Maruti Suzuki
Maruti started its journey in the year 1982 in Gurgaon with manufacturing of its iconic car - Maruti 800. They have been evolved in technology in creating cars for Indian conditions with international standards. Their popular passenger cars are Alto, WagonR, Omni, Estilo, Ertiga, Ritz, Eeco, A-star, Swift, Swift DZire, SX4 and recently launched Celerio. They have two manufacturing facilities, one in Gurgaon and one in Manesar with total annual production capacity of 14,50,000 vehicles.
Type - Public | Founded - 1981 | Employees - 6,903 | Head office - New Delhi | Establishment - 1981 | Website - www.marutisuzuki.com
Hero was established in the year 1982 as a joint venture between Hero Cycles, India and Honda Motors, Japan. They are India's largest two wheeler manufacturer. They sell more than one million units of their most trusted bike -“Splender” per year. They have four manufacturing units equipped with all type of advanced machineries spread across in Haryana and Gurgaon. They have received many awards for their quality work in automobile industry.
Type - Public | Founded - 1982 | Employees - 5,842 | Head office - New Delhi | Establishment - 1984 | Website - www.heromotocorp.com
5. Bajaj Auto Limited
Founded in the year 1930, Bajaj is a leading brand of two-wheelers and three-wheelers vehicles in India. Their flagship product “Bajaj Chetak Scooter” had ruled Indian Market for over a decade. They are the leaders in India three-wheelers (Auto - Rickshaw). They ventured into bike segment in the year 2001 with launch of its bike - “Pulsar”. They are constantly upgrading their bikes with latest technology and engines, making them stand apart in the competition. They have three manufacturing plants, two in Maharashtra and one in Uttaranchal which are equipped with latest machineries and skilled workforce.
Type - Public| Headquarters - Pune | Employees - 8,036 | Established - 1930 | Website - bajajauto.com
6. Ashok Leyland
Established just after a year of Independence, in the year 1948, Ashok Leyland is India's second largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles and world's fourth largest bus manufacturer. Their main products are Buses, Trucks, Light Vehicles for Logistics and Military Vehicles. Their buses carry 70 million people every day in country. They have 8 manufacturing facilities - 5 in India, 1 in UAK and 1 in England
Type - Public | Headquarters - Chennai | Employees - 15,812 | Head office - Chennai, Tamil Nadu | Establishment - 1948 | Website - www.ashokleyland.com
Founded in the year 1967, HMIL is a subsidiary of Korean Company Hyundai. They are India's second largest car manufacturer and popular among city buyers. They have eight passenger cars in Indian market - Eon, i10, Grand i10, Elite i20, Verna, Elantra, Santa Fe and Xcent. All their cars are giving tough competition to Maruti Cars in all segments. From last 10 years, they are undisputed leader in car export market by exporting their passenger cars to 85 countries worldwide.
Founded- 1947 | Head office - Seoul, South Korea | Establishment - 1967 | Website - www.hyundai.com
8. TVS Motor Company
TVS Motor was incorporated in the year 1978 at Chennai. Today they are India's third largest two-wheeler manufacturer. They are the automobile arm of giant TVS Group, manufacturing motorcycles, scooters and mopeds. They have 4 manufacturing units, 3 in Indian spread across in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Himachal Pradesh and 1 factory in Indonesia. They are constantly upgrading their products with better engines, looks and other parts to give their customers reliable products.
Type - Public | Founded - 1978 | Website - www.tvsmotor.in
9. Ninth in the list is Eicher Motors. EML is better known for manufacturing India's first agricultural tractor which bought revolution in Indian Farming Techniques. Their flagship bike brand “Royal Enfield”, is among the oldest manufacturing models of bikes and is counted among most trusted bikes in mid-size category. They also manufacture trucks and tempos in collaboration with Volvo. They are growing rapidly and in 2014, they have recorded their highest profit 1.4 billion dollar in a year.
Type - Public | Founded - 1948 | Employees - 2500 | Head office - Gurgaon, India | Establishment - 1948 | Website - www.eicher.in
10. Last in the list is Force Motors ltd. FML was founded in the year 1958 and is leading manufacturer of tractors, SUVs, Utility vehicles, small commercial vehicles, Vans, School Buses, Ambulance and personal vehicles. They are very popular in villages and small towns for their commercial multi utility vehicles and agricultural vehicles. With their state of the art R&D department, they are constantly changing their models with time and making them more durable and cost effective.
Type - Public | Founded - 1958 | Employees - 8000 | Head office - Pune | Establishment - 1958 | Website - www.forcemotors.com |
11. Chevrolet India is a well-known automobile company of India which has strong dealership network in PAN India and has more than 200 service centers that provide world class services according to the need of customer’s. Over the years company has been growing at excellent pace and h as manufactures some of the prominent models like Chevrolet Spark, Chevrolet Tavera, Chevrolet Cruze. Company manufactures all range of cars that includes luxury cars, small cars, sedans, hatchbacks, SUVs, fuel-efficient cars. Company was started in 2003 and has head office in Bombay. Also Chevrolet has huge production unit in Sewree which is equipped with modern technology and follow quality guideline in product manufacturing. The Halol and Talegaon Dabhade manufacturing units of company has production capacity of over 3,00,000 cars.
12. Ford India is a famous automobile company has head office in Chennai and was started operations in 1995 and has been investing huge money to capture growing Indian automobile market. Some of the most sold models of Ford are Ford Figo, Ford Classic, Ford Fiesta, Ford Endeavour. Company has more than 10,000 employees associated and all have deep domain knowledge of their respective field. Company has huge manufacturing unit in Chennai that has production capacity of 2,00,000 cars. Company is regularly investing money to expend operations in India and has invested $72 million to improve the quality of engine.
13. Toyota Kirloskar Motors is the prominent player of automobile industry and is the joint venture of Toyota Motor Corporation and Kirloskar Group . Company is manufacturing products under the brand name of Toyota and has been selling over 2,00,000 cars every year. Fortuner and Etios are the most successful models of the company and also company has launched some models in Luxury range that includes Toyota Land Cruiser, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, and Toyota Prius etc.
14. Atul Auto Limited is a leading three wheeler manufacturing company of India that was started in 1970's and has changed the way people transport in villages in cities. Company has excellent infrastructure facilities to manufactures the high quality automobiles. One of the manufacturing unit of company is situated in Rajkat and has the production capacity of 48,000 vehicles. Company has PAN India presence and has dealers in almost all the cities of India. Atul auto is listed in Bombay stock market and has been preforming amazingly. Company has regional office in cities like Ludhiana, Pune, Patna , Hyderabad, Delhi, Jaipur etc.
15. V.S.T Tillers is counted among the top notch tractors manufacturing company of India and has dealers in PAN India. Company was started in 1967 and has born because of Joint venture of VST Motors and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd, Japan. The manufacturing unit of company is located in Hosur in Tamil Nadu. Overall in India Company has 200 dealers and 300 vendors and also exports products in the market of Africa, Russia, Myanmar. Company has head office in Bangalore and listed in Bombay stock exchange.
16. Hindustan Motors Limited is a well-known ambassador manufacturing company that has production unit in West Bengal. The manufacturing unit is equipped with world class facilities and manufacturing 1500 and 2000 cc diesel, 1800 cc petrol, CNG and LPG ambassador. Other manufacturing unit of company is located in Pithampur and produces 1800 cc CNG ambassador.
17. Lohia Machinery Limited popularly known as LML has been manufacturing scooter and motorcycle, has the production unit in Kanpur. Company is listed in Bombay and National stock market, has started in 1972. Company has been reporting operational losses from several years.
18. HMT popularly known as Hindustan Machine Tools Limited was started in 1953 and has more than 2806 employees working in different locations in PAN India. Company has over 50 years of industry experience and has been run & managed by Government of India.
19. Ashok Leyland is a 50 years old automobile company that is listed in Bombay and National stock market. Company was started in 1948 and has more than 11552 employees working in different production units and offices of the company. It has six operational units that has production capacity of 60,000 vehicles and 7,000 engines. The head office of the company is located in Chennai and has annual revenue of over Rs 100 bilion.
Rasandik Engineering - Rasandik was established in the year 1986, with its first manufacturing plant at Gurgaon. Today they have seven plants spread all over country with two manufacturing plants at Gurgaon, one each at Greater Noida, Pune, Mewat, Mysore and Thally. They are the Tier 1 manufacturer and supplier of tailored Welding Blanks, Engineering Solutions, BIW Welding Jigs & Fixtures, Press Tools and Dies, Fuel Tanks, Exhaust Systems, Sheet Metal Body Stampings, Motorcycle Frames, Sub-Assemblies, Suspension Parts and Skin Panels. Almost all leading Cars and Motorcycle brands in India are their customers. To name few - Maruti Suzuki, Tata, Mahindra, Renault, TVS, Honda, Force Motors, Ashok Leyland and Force Motors. They supply press tools and dies to Maruti Suzuki, TVS, Honda, Gm and HM. They have various international standard accreditations such as ISO 14001:2004 and ISO/TS 16949:2009. This company's infrastructure is very modern and all of their facilities are equipped with latest machineries & technology and they follow international standards in maintaining quality of their products. Website: http://www.rasandik.com/
Schrader Duncan - Part of JP Goenka Group of Companies, Schrader Duncan, is a leading Automotive, Off-Highway Tyre (OTR) and Fluid Power & Automation Company. Established in the year 1884, by renowned German inventor Mr. August Schrader, Schrader entered in India in the year 1961. In the year 2012, JP Goenka Group of Companies bought their major stake. They have history of 150 years of expertise and innovation. They meet Their main products are Tyre Tube Valves, Valve Accessories, Valves Extensions, Garage & In-Plant Service, Tubeless Tyre Valves, Tractor Valves, Car Valves, Motorcycle Valves, all kind of valve extensions, Rubber base convertible valves and Tubeless Non-Swivel Valves. Their Headquarter is located at Pune, Maharshtra and ultra modern manufacturing facility at Ranjanagaon, Maharashtra. Their factory is ISO 9001 / TS 16949 certified and known for following quality standards in each and every manufacturing procedure. They have workforce of right mix of experienced and fresh talent to carry out manufacturing process at their facility. Their products are synonymous for quality and durability since decades. Some of the leading name in Indian Automobile market is their clients directly or indirectly.
Gujarat Automotive Gears Limited - GAGL was incorporated in the year 1973 at Baroda. Over the years, they have maintained quality and earned reputation by manufacturing international quality automotive products. Today, they are leading player in Domestic market and also export their products to Germany, Italy, UK, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Dubai, Australia and USA. Their main products are Transmission Gears, Pins, Axle Shaft, Wheel Spanners, Fork Lift Parts, Off road Parts, and Shaft Components. Each of their products have array of variety for usage of different vehicles. Their manufacturing plant at Baroda has evolved over the years and always come up with newer and better range of products. Their factory has high performance modern imported machineries and full fledge experienced and well qualified workforce to carry out the task. With their quality products, GAGL is respected as leading and trusted manufacturer of tractor and auto components in country. Some of their clients are Tata, Eicher, Mahindra and Ashok Layland.
ANG Industries - ANG is among respected names in automotive industry with business ranging from Automotive, Tippers and Trailers, Heavy Fabrication and Off-Highway products. They are the manufacturer of auto components of heavy commercial vehicles and trailers. They had a modest beginning with single manufacturing facility. Today, they have five state of the art manufacturing faculties spread in 900000 sq. ft. area across various parts of country. Their head office is located at Okhla, Delhi and is trusted by hundreds of automobile clients in and outside India. All of their faculties have quality certifications such as ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and TS16949 certifications. Their products are Manual Slack Adjusters, Automatic Slack Adjusters, Self Adjusting Slack Adjusters, S-Camshafts, Equalizers, Equalizer Bushings, Equalizer Bolts, Differential Pins, Bevel Gears, King Pin Kits, Sheet Metal Powder Coated Components. They have expertise in Machining, Welding, Heat Treatment, Surface Finish, and Logistics. Their clientele lists include Tata, Rexroth, L&T, Blount International, Adani, Linfox, Meritor, BHEL etc. They have clients not only in India but in UK, Sweedan, China, USA, Turkey, Germany and Brazil. They have won various awards and accolades for their work and products.
Hind Hardy - It is reckoned as a pioneer in providing universal joint kits, propeller shafts and others distributed all across the country to be used for industrial as well as automotive applications. With more than 30 years of proven expertise and experience, the company serves needs of customers belonging from automotive, industrial, agricultural and construction equipment manufacturers and industry. In fact, the company has more than a decade of experience and expertise serving overseas clients for industrial, agricultural and automotive applications. The company also takes care of OE aftermarket and star export house status from last 8 years. Along with this, the company has received several awards and recognitions including ACMA export award for year 2006-07, IT power user award and ACMA export award for year 2008-09. It has been providing a large array of products of durability and top notch and superior quality including propeller shafts, double cardan shafts, centered double cardan propeller shafts, lay shafts, universal joint kits, half end yokes, hinges, hubs and vibration dampers, and precision machined components. This Indian based company operates primarily through the component segments and propeller shafts. The secondary segments of the line are domestic and export. Moreover, the propeller shafts involving SAE series from 1100 to 1700, UJ kits and others are applicable to use across varied steel mills, vibrating screens, backhoe loader, printing machinery, tractors, telehandler, harvester, utility vehicles and harvesters. Also, it is been into half end yokes, lay shafts, precision machined components and others applicable and utilized for front wheel drive applications. For utility vehicles, the company has been offering hinges, vibration dampers and hubs.
Clutch Auto - Being pioneering ISO/TS: 16949 certified firm, it is a well known automobile company serving its impeccable services to corporations and industries all across the world. Incepted and established in year 1971, it is known as the country's biggest clutch manufacturer as well as exporter. With 3 decades of undisputed leadership and expertise, it has a large base of clientele from all around. Adding to this, it is renowned as the country's biggest and well known exporter of clutches, exported to more than 40 countries among which about 85% belong to America. Having largest and widespread aftermarket distribution network across the country, Government of India recognized and acclaimed its research and development centre. Housed with state of art and advanced testing facility for clutches, it is been an esteemed recipient of national awards and recognition. The mission of the company is to fulfil clutch requirements and needs of each and every automotive application indigenously and seamlessly with the consistent experienced workmanship and technology upgradation. In addition, the vision of the company is to be a global leader and service provider by the year 2010-11. The firm is been housed and well equipped by an investment in trained manpower and technology enhancement and updation.
Frontier Spring - It is renowned and acknowledged as the world's top notch manufacturer of qualitative and durable hot wound springs to be utilized for industrial, transportation and government applications. Backed with state of art and advanced and latest manufacturing facility, it has been spread in a large area of about 50,000 square feet area. Adding to this, the company is been known to proffer a streamlined and advanced operation that lets them to render and serve superior quality and long lasting and extremely useful springs utilized all across the globe. Irrespective of the fact, whether there has been an order for a single spring or million pieces, the company is all set and ready to meet all your needs and prerequisites. Since its establishment in year 1980, the company has been meeting and satisfying its large base of clientele and the hot wound spring requirements related to heavy equipment industrial marketplace and transportation industry. Its sheer dedication and commitment to innovation and top quality is been rendered into each product it manufactures. Believing high in serving 100% client satisfaction services, it is a reputed ISO certified firm. Also, its custom designing and creative technologies capabilities and aptitude lets the company to keep in pace with the stringent quality standards essential in meeting today's ever changing and modifying world market situations. For transportation and rail road applications, the company maintains a huge inventory of quality hot wound springs.
List of Automobile Companies in India by Market Capitalization
|Company Name||Market Cap (Rs. cr)|
|Amara Raja Batt||17176.91|
|ZF Steering Gea||1334.91|
|Sona Koyo Stee||1219.28|
|Steel Str Wheel||515.61|
|Munjal Auto Ind||391|
|Lumax Auto Tech||338.06|
|Auto Corp Goa||251.09|
|SAR Auto Prod||109.11|
|Guj Auto Gears||37.1|
|Lumax Auto Sys||28.69|
Gajra Bevel Gea
Top 10 Car Companies in India
|Company Name||Market Capitalization (Rs. cr)|
|Tata Motors (D)||7,906.44|